Old February 3rd 06, 06:06 AM posted to alt.astronomy

Default Solar flares

We see solar flares all the time, the cycle is one that bring the number of
them up and down during those years. Only we're suppost to be just past
lowest point of the cycle and the sun has still be very active with some
major sun spots with flares and CME's too.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Astronomy Net Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/astronomy_net
In Garden Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/ingarden
Blast Off Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/starlords

"Robert Finch @sympatico.ca" robfinchremove wrote in message
. ..
I was just wondering, solar flares occur with an eleven year cycle,
so that means we see solar flares from Earth every 11 years.

Do solar flares occur all over the sun every eleven years ? Or is there an
object with an eleven year orbit in orbit about the sun that draws flares
off the sun ? And we just see the flares every eleven years because the
Earth is between the object and the sun.