Old July 10th 10, 11:42 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Default National Review blows its cork over NASA's Bolden

On 7/10/2010 8:44 AM, Brian Thorn wrote:

That's not too surprising. If testing was to begin in 2010, I wouldn't
expect to hear results until at least 2011, maybe 2012. We usually
see press releases from a company announcing product testing and the
like, and then nothing, sometimes for years, while that testing
progresses and goes to the FDA for approval.

In this case though they put in for permission to do human testing last
year...and you never heard if they got approval to do it.
Which makes me suspect they never got the OK to do it, as if they had
they would have announced it, because it certainly would have had a
positive effect on their stock prices.
Astrogenetix doesn't seem to be separately traded from its parent
company Astrotech, but if you think this is going to be a big success,
you may want to buy some Astrotech stock - which at the moment will set
you back a whopping $1.33* per sha
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=ASTC...=on&z=m&q=l&c=
This is a very small company BTW, having only 76 full-time employees.
And that's the whole of Astrotech; not just the Astrogenetix subdivision.

*In the last year it got down to $.98 at one point.

Pat