Old July 8th 10, 12:12 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Val Kraut

Default National Review blows its cork over NASA's Bolden

"
But I do find the statement bizarre. NASA does have a legitimate role
to promote science education, not only in the United States, but also
elsewhere in the world, because the excitement associated with space
activities provides it with a unique qualification in that area.

Read the statement carefully - He is to make the muslim nations pround of
the math and science they did centuries ago - he's not there to promote
education in countries that don't value education anymore and actually
deprive women of any education. It' simply Dr. feelgood. What could they
possibly have in mind with this insanity.

Read on - he's to promote American students to study math and engineering -
but he's shutting down NASA and squeezing defense spending - I guess they're
after better educated unemployed.

This whole thing seems like episode 2 of the prisioner.