Old November 27th 12, 03:09 PM posted to sci.space.history
Bob Haller

Default Large SRB test site in Florida

On Nov 27, 8:41*am, Jeff Findley wrote:
In article ,
says...

On Tuesday, November 27, 2012 7:21:03 AM UTC-5, bob haller wrote:

since the military has fast launch to replace key satelites so should

ISS

fred tries to bury all posts with tons of garbage to try and discredit

anyone here

You do realize there AREN'T any shuttles anymore?

Bob loves to argue endlessly about the space shuttle. *He's an expert,
in his own mind, about what should have, could have, would have been.

Unfortunately, his rants are not based in reality. *Such as his
assertion "as to very fast launch to orbit, the military already has it,
since a attack on our country would target space assets.... our command
and control plus spying...". *Funny, I didn't know EELV's could perform
"very fast launch to orbit", since that's the only launch vehicle
capable of replacing satellites tasked with "our command and control
plus spying".

His assertion that the military already has some secret ability to
launch large payloads into orbit is laughable.

Jeff

the military obviously has the ability to launch the existing
satellites that are in orbit, cant deny that..

plus and its been reported in the press they would replace those
damaged during a war. there would be lots of ways to take out existing
military satellites.

so a fast launch ability must already exist....

although ISS isnt a military asset it is probably the singles most
costly national asset thats so vulnerable......