Old November 4th 07, 12:15 AM posted to rec.arts.tv,sci.astro.amateur
Thanatos

Default CSI Miami throws science out the window, again

In article .com,
will thacker wrote:

On Oct 30, 8:00 am, Chris L Peterson wrote:
On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 21:47:10 -0700, RichA wrote:
I love it. An eclipse that happens in high speed mode (if the idiots
staring at the partial eclipse had really done so for the duration (or
five minutes) the whole lot of them would be blind. Also, I like the
"enhanced" el cheap Meade telescope with special ultra-high resolution
optics. Plus, the coroner crowing about "da voodoo" set her character
as a literate, educated Black woman back about 50 years....

Let's see... you're talking about a show where the lead detective/CSI is
a creepy pedophile, and the coroner is a creepy necrophile, and you're
worried about some poor science? The original CSI is the only one of the
three that does a pretty good job with science in any case. How many TV
shows do?

One word: Numbers.

Numb3ers also does a decent job with the police work, although I have to
question why the FBI is involved in many of the cases. A lot of them
involve crimes that aren't federal in nature.

Also, an FBI field office in a city as large as Los Angeles has
specialized squads (counter-intelligence, bank robbery, JTTF,
white-collar crime, etc.) and each squad only works those types of
cases. Don Epps's squad seems to have unlimited jurisdiction: terrorism
this week, international art theft next week, gambling fraud the week
before, etc.