Old November 3rd 07, 02:13 PM posted to rec.arts.tv,sci.astro.amateur
Anim8rFSK

Default CSI Miami throws science out the window, again

In article ,
(Michael Black) wrote:

Anim8rFSK ) writes:
In article ,
Mark Nobles wrote:

Anim8rFSK wrote:

aemeijers wrote:
David Johnston wrote:
Anim8rFSK wrote:

Is it like "Bones" where Booth the FBI agent lets Bones (the
forensic
anthropologist) to take the lead in a similar situation?
Yeah, well, Bones shouldn't even HAVE a gun.

Assuming she has a license, why wouldn't she have a gun?
Assuming she lives in metro DC, civilians can't GET a license. Even if
she lives outside, they can't carry in DC, IIRC.

Plus she carries it concealed, and she crosses state lines all over the
place.

I just assume she is "deputized" as a federal agent, so she can be
Boothe's partner, and state laws don't apply.

That would be NICE, but they don't seem to be playing it that way.

Worse still is BoaVista over on Miami Vice, who is apparently some
private citizen who does police work and now wants a gun for kicks.

Didn't she have a gone when her ex-husband was hanging around?

Don't recall. She also lived in a ritzy neighborhood, for reasons they
never explained. I've always assumed she embezzeled part of that grant
money.

I thought as he moved into the field, there was an obligation that
she be armed, and hence the need to be able to use the thing.

No, she's doing this on her own, in secret.

The problem with that is that she's been out in the field for a while.

Yep.

I think because of this thread, I noticed in CSI:NY this week that
two of the CSIs were referred to as "detectives". Which seems to
better place them, in terms of their role and their being out there
in the field. Though that doesn't explain why they spend so much
time in the lab.

I have NO idea what half the people in CSI:Horatio are supposed to be
(yes, I know we've had this converastion before folks!)

For instance, this week, Horatio broke into somebody's place saying I'M
FROM THE CRIME LAB but Erik, breaking into somebody else's place, said
M-D P.D.!

Horatio does that a lot. I have no idea why when breaking into
somebody's place waving a gun you'd identify yourself as *anything* but
police, and use the word POLICE. I wouldn't say M-D P.D. either hoping
the guy inside with a shotgun will figure it out.

--
Jitterbug phone works! (Third time's a charm!)