Old July 28th 03, 04:25 AM
Stephen Stocker

Default WHAT WILL NASA SAY???

In article , Hallerb wrote:
If a future shuttle has a serious problem, it makes a low orbit but is unable
to deorbit? Unable to reach ISS, its destination its stuck in a low decaying
orbit but the crew will die before reentry.

Sadly it will also be a hazard to whoever is in its reentry footprint of
debris. Fear of this causes chaos with people trying to flee the area. Lives
are lost.General panic disrupts lives and the economy too

After the clean up it becomes clear this loss was also preventable if they
could of gotten some spare parts to the stranded shuttle in time.

This was looked at for Columbia but not acted on.

How will you nasa explain this oversite?

Lets remember IF we had known Columbia had a problem and had a emergency fast
launch capability a power pod would of been sent up for electricity, and other
essentials. This would of been followed by atlantis to return the crew and very
possibly a emergency repair kit we may have saved the orbiter too.

Granted we had neither, but we are now clearly aware such a situation can
occur.

Call me names, knock my grammar and spelling, say plonk, whatever it does NOT
atter what you post here.

"Plonk" being a term worthy of any self-respecting teenybopper.

Seriously, these are good questions, and the fact that they've been
asked before makes them no less valid. I hope you keep asking them,
regardless of the noise-making on here.

Steve