Old May 27th 04, 12:00 PM
Pat Flannery

Doug... wrote:

And, watching Man in Space, I used to own *all* those models!

I wonder if any of the episodes of "Men Into Space" (the actual title)
survive? IIRC, they were done on film, since live video would have made
a lot of the effects more difficult.

The models were of the Disney stuff- they were made by the now extinct
model company Strombecker; AFAIK there weren't any models from the "Men
into Space TV" series...but you can still get the episodes:
http://tvoldies.net/store/index.php?...5529 94a55f78

So you'd think some of the film
would survive.

I, for one, would LOVE to see someone put them all on DVD.

Can y'all remember the book they released based on the TV show? It was
a series of short stories, which didn't really have "novelizations" of
the TV episodes, but rather had short stories exploring various episodes
in Scott MacCauley's career.

I've got a McCauley comic book; but not a true book based on the show.

Pat