Old February 18th 04, 02:27 PM
Martin

Default President's Commission on Moon, Mars and Beyond

Guth/IEIS~GASA wrote:
This lunar goal is worth supporting, even if it's via our resident
warlord. Though as for starters, we may need some actual lunar science
data that's of "real time".

"Deploying dozens of small javelin lunar probes on the cheap"

[...]

I believe such small/compact probes can be engineered to survive these
sorts of deployment impacts, as well as sufficiently immune to such
horrific radiation, and of their avoiding meteorite impact, as their
odds are greatly improved upon by the sheer fact that these compact
probes represent such a small target, though eventually they'll each
be pulverised by something.

[Moon science delivery]
Interesting idea Guth...

But for what science beyond what we already have?

Is this of greater importance than ISS or exploring the rest of the
solar system?

Should we not be exploring the 70% unexplored of our own planet first?

Regards,
Martin

sci.astro.seti

--
---------- Give a man a fish and you have fed him for today.
- Martin - Teach him how to fish and he won't bother you for weeks!