Old April 7th 04, 10:51 PM
Derek Lyons

Default Monitoring ISS Air-to-Ground

rk wrote:
And I would add that precautions should be made for dealing with a problem if
it should perhaps have the capability to turn into a Problem. This can be
ensuring that backups are in place and operational, contingency procedures
reviewed, etc. Take the hint and do the homework.

Certainly. But the homework has to start at the design phase, not
once the craft is flying.

Panicking -- which I don't see evidence of here -- could easily just make
things worse. I don't see x-nauts diving into the Soyuz and flying around
burning the fuel, close to the station; I don't see x-nauts diving into EVA
suits and crawling all over the outside unprepared with the inherent risk of
EVAs; I don't see the ISS being abandoned. Etc.

You see folks (bob) advocating exactly that. It's them I'm trying to
reach, not you or Herb. (Who mostly know these things.)

When you have a problem, with a little 'p', sometimes it takes a bit of
patience, persistence, and some steel ones.

Been there, done that, washed the Tshirt so many times it's more holes
than shirt.

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.