Old April 6th 04, 07:29 PM
jeff findley

Default Monitoring ISS Air-to-Ground

(Derek Lyons) writes:
Running full tilt in circles looking for something when you don't know
what it is wastes time and energy that could be better spent
elsewhere. If you don't have an ongoing indication of a problem, you
can't fix it, and you probably can't even find it.

I had this problem with one of my old cars. It would occasionally
die, but then come back to life several minutes later. While this was
a Problem (as opposed to a problem or a PROBLEM), you simply couldn't
debug the issue until you could reproduce it on demand.

Eventually, I found that rapping on the computer case with my fist
would cause the running car to stumble and die. A $40 junk yard
computer fixed the problem.

I'm guessing that ISS astronauts feel the same way about the Elektron
oxygen generator that I felt about my 88 Olds Calais. ;-)

Jeff
--
Remove "no" and "spam" from email address to reply.
If it says "This is not spam!", it's surely a lie.