Old November 5th 18, 12:20 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gary Harnagel

Default Neil DeGrasse Tyson headed down same loony road as Carl Sagan?

On Sunday, November 4, 2018 at 10:18:09 PM UTC-7, Paul Schlyter wrote:

On Sun, 4 Nov 2018 06:09:28 -0800 (PST), Gary Harnagel
wrote:

SOMETHING leaves at the moment of death, so THAT is what should be
focused on. Because of know physiological changes that occur minutes
before and after death, it would seem to be hopeless to separate unknowns.

You see? Your conclusion "the soul leaves the body at death" is
premature. But OF COURSE there are substances leaving a dead body,
otherwise it would not smell bad...

You are conflating sudden versus slow changes again. That's dishonest.

I'm far from alone in having that opinion...

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever
that it is not utterly absurd. -- Bertrand Russell

Apply that principle to the Christians of the world...

Apply it to "I'm far from alone in having that opinion"

"And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept
arose," -- Matthew 27:52

Another quote from a corrupt source...

Corrupt claim. "Errors" are not the same as corrupt.