Old July 20th 03, 07:28 PM
Mark Ewens

Default Newsgroup help

Greetings

This may be the wrong group, hence the question. I am objectively looking
into the *connection* between extraterrestrial forces driving the climate
change(s) on Earth, and would like to know if this is discussed here, or
elsewhere. While studying at NDSU in Fargo ND I read numerous articles in
Tellus, JGR and others describing extraterrestrial forcing and it's effect
on global circulation. Specifically, the effects lunar and near planet
gravitational fields have on modulating the solar wind and it's impact on
our magnetosphere. I realize this borders on astrology or astrometeorology,
but I am curious.

More recently, a UT Dallas professor has released a paper detailing the
connection between solar wind and sensible weather. To say the least, it has
NOT been well received by the meteorological community.

Sorry for the ramble, just looking for some input. Thank you.

me