Old August 28th 03, 11:15 PM
Dholmes

Default Past Perfect, Future Misleading

"Rand Simberg" wrote in message
I have some more commentary on the Gehman report, and why we should
not build "the" next generation launch system.

While I agree in theory with much of what you are saying IMO the market is
not yet developed to that point especially considering the poor orbit the
station is in.

Better to concentrate on replacing the shuttles lift capacity in an open
market.
For each of the three people the shuttles leave at the station it is also
leaving about 4 tons of thrust, equipment and supplies.
That according to some estimates is 50 tons a year add to that launching
NASA's space plane and you have a market for 10-70 flights a year on
commercial launchers depending on size.

We do not need any new technology just what we have used more efficiently
and often.