Old January 22nd 19, 03:12 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
StarDust

Default Blood Moon fotos

On Monday, January 21, 2019 at 5:58:32 PM UTC-8, palsing wrote:
On Monday, January 21, 2019 at 12:46:41 PM UTC-8, StarDust wrote:
Very nice pictures!
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46943592

Nice, yes, but still a long way from 'live' observing. No picture that I have ever seen can show the dramatic "3D" effect that often happens during total lunar eclipses. It is one of the most stunning things I have ever seen in the sky. The moon can look just like a big basketball floating up there :)

\Paul A

You're right, but when the the rain pouring during the event, no other option there!