Old November 10th 18, 09:52 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gary Harnagel

Default Neil DeGrasse Tyson headed down same loony road as Carl Sagan?

On Saturday, November 10, 2018 at 8:47:32 AM UTC-7, Quadibloc wrote:

On Saturday, November 10, 2018 at 6:51:05 AM UTC-7, wrote:

Gets it: http://extragood****.phlap.net/index...e/#more-482896

Yes: since evolution doesn't care for us, we shouldn't use our humble
origins as an excuse for not finding our human uniqueness valuable, and
worthy of being cherished.

So basically the article correctly rejects unsound attempts to derive
values from facts.

John Savard

But there ARE sound reasons for deriving values from facts:

“'Patriotism' is a way of saying 'Women and children first.'”

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-.../2758347/posts