Old October 25th 17, 07:06 AM posted to sci.astro.research
Phillip Helbig (undress to reply)[_2_]

Default Dark matter is:

In article , jacobnavia
writes:

As I read in the press, we have found a great percentage of dark matter.

Yes, as in matter which is dark. Not in the sense in which "dark
matter" is most often used, namely as shorthand for "non-luminous and
transparent non-baryonic matter other than neutrinos".

This cosmic web becomes thicker. That is good news, maybe all of it is
just that:

"Dark matter" that we just doesn't seem able to see easily. But not
anything exotic. Just that: normal matter.

There are many arguments against this hypothesis, the main ones being
big-bang nucleosynthesis and CMB observations, which both agree that
most of the "missing matter" (i.e. "dark matter" as the term is normally
used) cannot be baryonic.

The whole thing looks like a connected web. And that web could be very
massive.

It could be significantly massive in a cosmological sense only if
non-baryonic matter is associated with it. (This might well be the
case, but we have no evidence one way or the other.)