Old October 7th 12, 12:04 AM posted to sci.space.history
Brad Guth[_3_]

Default Wonder what the LM lower stages condition is ??

On Oct 5, 7:04*pm, bob haller wrote:
We dont necessarily need a high power booster to power the LM back to
earth, its believed to be earth crossing, dock a small booster or even
a ion engine to get it back to earth.

Oh, so now you want to add an engine we don't have to all the other
nonexistent or imaginary things you've larded into your 'plan'.

Ion engines have already been used for deep space probes, at most it
might need to be scaled up, but could be used for other uses

Indeed, much bigger and thus way more powerful ion thrusters shouldn't
be entirely problematic, perhaps running on spitting out Radon ions
derived from an onboard cache of Radium. Their nuclear power source
could also be of a radium and plutonium mix fuel that could yield
addition Radon.