Old July 1st 09, 03:51 AM posted to sci.military.naval,sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Default Fate of Italian Polaris Missiles

Derek Lyons wrote:

Where the spent stages come down depends on where the launch areas are.

If they are in the Tyrrhenian Sea and shooting at Yugoslavia, I think
there's a pretty good chance that the first stage is going to come down
on the Italian peninsula.
Mind you, that's probably going to be considered a pretty benign thing
compared to a lot of other things that might be falling out of the sky
onto Italy.

P.S. My dad served with the 460th bomb group (Black Panthers) in Italy
during WW II, and I have the dread chrome-steel winged erection bracelet
charm from Pompeii sitting in front of me as I write this. :-D

Pat