Old July 1st 09, 12:18 AM posted to sci.military.naval,sci.space.history
Rick Jones[_3_]

Default Fate of Italian Polaris Missiles

In sci.space.history Pat Flannery wrote:
Oh, that makes me feel comfortable...just like the bicycle locks
used to arm British nuclear weapons:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programme...ht/7097101.stm

Something in that article caught my eye:

Inside are the arming switch and a series of dials which you can
turn with an Allen key to select high yield or low yield, air
burst or groundburst and other parameters.

Yield selection?!? How would that work?

rkck jones
where do you want to be today?