Old January 9th 04, 02:41 PM
BillP

"will" wrote in message
m...
Hi Folks

I'm hopeing that somebody here can settle an argument for me and a
mate.

The days get longer and shorter during the year ,because of the earth
tilt to its axis...

Is the time gained or lost each day constant.. I reckon its got to be
something between 30 and 55 secondes of extra daylight (or darkness)
each day and that whatever the figure is it will always stay the
same... but my mate reckons that this figure increases as the longest
day approaches so for example its an extra minute of daylighht in
March but by June were getting twio extra minutes...

Any chance some body could settle this argument

cheers

Will

Hi Will,

I thought about this a couple of years ago. I guessed that the sunrise times
would closely follow a sign wave, and wanted to see if it was right. The
only tool I'd got was SKYGLOBE. I noted sunrise times for each week and
plotted the results on a graph.
The result is on
http://www.geocities.com/wjp_gof/sunrise.doc