Old February 13th 05, 10:57 PM
Rhonda Lea Kirk

Fred J. McCall wrote:
Michael Smith wrote:

But going to mars actually requires somebody
physically small and able to live on smaller
quantities of oxygen, food, etc.

More women would satisfy this requirement than men,
so using Grigoryev's own argument it should be
women going to Mars.

Think 'calcium loss'. I think this affects women
much more severely than men.

So now we're sending post-menopausal women to Mars?

Seriously, women don't have a higher risk of
osteoporosis until after menopause. Other risk factors
include being Asian or Caucasian, taking certain drugs,
smoking, alcoholism, bone structure and body weight,
lack of weight-bearing exercise and heredity.

rl