Old April 7th 18, 04:09 AM posted to sci.space.station
William Elliot[_4_]

Default Space calendar etc

On Fri, 6 Apr 2018, Brian Gaff wrote:

Yes some sites now won't let you use them if you kill their adverts.
This includes catch up video sites as well. I have no issue with
adverts, its the ridiculously intrusive way they are used that
****es me off.
I also boycott sites using cap chars to decide if you are a human or not.
they often include an audio version, often called a 'challenge' which
usually means they are completely unintelligible.

I found an item advertised on the web that I wanted to buy.
There was no link to buy what I wanted, only links to simuliar stuff.
So I try to contact it.

It's the snotty sort without phone number, street address, email
address, nor chat link. Just a form to fill out. But before I sent
it, I have to prove I'm not a bot. So I play their game, and loose;
I cannot get pass the troll even with repeated attempts.

The more complicated stuff is made, the worse it
works. In this case, the smart alex lost a sale.

I do business with a company whose web security is so tight,
that I just call them about my account.

Those places when you're put on hole and have
to listen to abnoxious sounds and/or ads ...