Old August 16th 08, 06:53 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur,sci.astro,alt.astronomy,uk.sci.astronomy,alt.astronomy.solar
[email protected]

Default what can I do with 8x42 binoculars?

On Aug 4, 4:11 pm, wrote:

@ Saul: I expect that you Celestron 8x56 can get a *lot* more light
than my Nikon ATB Monarch in 8x42. I did consider the Nikon ATB
Monarch in 8.5x56 but I just could not afford them (I got my 8x42 at
200 bucks, so I can hardly complain about the price). I suppose that
42 vs. 56 is a huge difference, but I hope to be able to afford some
decent x56 or even x70 one day :-)

Your binoculars should be fine to use for astronomy. Rather than
getting some larger 70-80 mm binos, think more in terms of a simple
150 mm or larger Newtonian telescope for a similar price.