Old July 23rd 03, 10:18 PM
Doug...

Default NASA Team Believed Foam Could Not Damage Space Shuttle

In article ,
lid says...

snip

...I still would like to know what the general stock of suits is
like. Are we talking five or eight suits, total, or a dozen or more? I
noted that a NASA press release lately indicates that a new contract for
EVA suit processing was just let (I think it was for maintenance; I
don't know if it included any new production components). Anyone with
better info, please feel free to chime in.

I don't know how many of what parts are available to the Shuttle program
at present, but I do know that two suits (and, IIRC, some spare parts)
are now stored semi-permanently on the ISS. So, that's two less than the
total number of suits in existence that are available for such emergency
transfers.

--

It's not the pace of life I mind; | Doug Van Dorn
it's the sudden stop at the end... |