Old December 17th 03, 12:02 PM
Steve

Roger Hamlett wrote:
"DaveC" wrote in message
al.net...
How does LST correlate to our terrestrial time? I'm not looking for a
definition, or an explanation that includes angles of the equinox,
or such. I just want to know if a particular time in LST is fixed in
relation to the clock on the wall, or if it changes over the year,
and how to calculate it or look it up.

Thanks,

You are really saying, "I don't want a definition", but "I want a
definition"...
A sidereal day, is four seconds shorter then the normal 'clock' day.
So a particular sidereal 'time' arrives four seconds earlier each day
(when compared to a normal clock).

Four minutes, surely? ;-)

Steve

--
www.frontierastro.co.uk

FrontierAstro - dedicated to Frontier and Astronomy