Old December 24th 17, 02:45 PM posted to sci.space.policy
David Spain

Default Do Aliens Live at Alpha Centauri? NASA Wants to Send a Mission in2069 to Find Out

On 12/19/2017 1:08 PM, wrote:
"In 2069, if all goes according to plan, NASA could launch a spacecraft bound to
escape our solar system and visit our next-door neighbors in space, the three-star
Alpha Centauri system, according to a mission concept presented last week at the
annual conference of the American Geophysical Union and reported by New Scientist.
The mission, which is pegged to the 100th anniversary of the moon landing, would
also involve traveling at one-tenth the speed of light."

See:

http://www.newsweek.com/alien-life-a...mission-752528

From article:

quote Of course, that technology has yet to be developed. /quote

Pretty much says it all... These are not the interstellar missions you
are hoping for. Move along...

Dave