Old February 10th 14, 07:47 PM posted to sci.space.history
Brad Guth[_3_]

Default Rabbit, run!

On Sunday, February 9, 2014 10:34:22 PM UTC-8, bob haller wrote:
well its feb 10th, the lander and rover should wake up right about now...

I do wonder why they designed the craft to stow its solar panels, every lander or rover I ever heard of deployed the panels permanetely after landing. wasnt spirit and opportunity built to expose the anels as soon as te air bag was deflated.

having to restow solar panels adds extra complexity and failure modes ......

After having been at least twice roasted to death, then essentially frozen to death and always getting clogged with highly ionized dust as well as radiated by all sorts of local, solar and cosmic dosages, it'll be lucky if much of anything works.

Apparently team Yutu had no idea of what to expect.