Old April 10th 18, 09:50 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

Default Actual time lapse vs distorted time lapse

On Tuesday, April 10, 2018 at 4:09:15 PM UTC+1, Bill wrote:
On Mon, 9 Apr 2018 19:51:19 -0700 (PDT), palsing wrote:

And I assure you that we nuances feel exactly the same about you...

He could have gone off and created his own group; but he hasn't. Go
figure.

--

Well Bill, the evolution of this newsgroup followed a predictable path as most are magnification hobbyists anyway who don't want to be seen believing impossible notions so they did what theorists do inside the protected walls of the universities, they migrated to the moderated forums where they are among their own. Fair dues to them but originality,creativity and productive work depends solely on the price of a telescope or camera.

These people would not dare look at a set of rows and columns with data showing sunrise to sunset to sunrise times which complete one rotation, noon to noon or sunset to sunset depending on the choice of the individual -

https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/kenya/nairobi

The sunset cell for one day to the sunrise cell the next day represents the stars in view whereas the sunrise to sunset cell in the same row represents the Sun in view - simple stuff using data to inform the observer of one rotation.

I am a Christian and the saying is that a grain of wheat has to die in order to produce more and that goes for all individual lives and other areas of existence. The newsgroup may not seem fertile ground but it is fairly free of obstructions and that suits me.