Old March 19th 04, 02:30 AM
ChrisH

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 00:11:37 +0000, Andy wrote:

In message , Lilian
writes
Did anyone else see the fireball at 00:55 tonight. I was just going out to
move my dome when this fireball headed down through Gemini. It was so bright
that it left a trail which lasted a few seconds. Its been a long time since
I have seen one that bright.

Lilian

Yes! I caught it as a strong radio reflection, which made a very
dramatic image. You can see it on my website. What's your location
Lilian?

http://tinyurl.com/2wdh6 (meteor gallery)
http://tinyurl.com/w6pv (Index page)

Andy.
G7IZU Radio Reflection Detection Page
http://tinyurl.com/w6pv

Recorded it up here in Macclesfield too:
HROFFT image: http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/~chrish/sm0403170050.jpg
High res FFT: http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/~chrish/capt5423iw.jpg

Didn't record much of a doppler shift, fairly flat (it was probably
nearer to you than me). It did last close to 4 minutes though.

If you're *really* interested, you can listen to it too!
http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/~chrish/capt5423iw.mp3
(but it is a 2.7Mb file)

ChrisH

UK Astro Ads: http://www.UKAstroAds.co.uk