Old January 15th 19, 05:03 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

Default The US government shutdown is almost certainly delaying SpaceX's crucial launch - MIT Technology Review

Scott Kozel wrote on Mon, 14 Jan 2019 11:09:38
-0800 (PST):

On Monday, January 14, 2019 at 12:47:42 PM UTC-5, Fred J. McCall wrote:
Jeff Findley wrote on Mon, 14 Jan 2019
says...
William Elliot wrote on Sun, 13 Jan 2019 20:55:57
On Sun, 13 Jan 2019, Fred J. McCall wrote:

The real 'crime' here is all the folks who are NOT working getting
retroactive pay for sitting at home.

And all those government things sitting in congress and
White House being paid big for doing nothing worthwhile.

Except they're funded by law.

Yes they are. Doesn't make it "right".

Oh, I see. We're talking fantasy rather than facts. Yes, all these
people who have missed a single paycheck are starving on the streets.

… and any moment now will run amok with a high-powered "assault rifle"!

That's "assault weapon". An assault rifle is a real and well defined
thing that civilians don't generally have.

--
"Then up spoke brave Horatius the captain of the gate,
to every man upon this earth, death comest soon or late,