Old January 14th 19, 12:14 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default The US government shutdown is almost certainly delaying SpaceX's crucial launch - MIT Technology Review

In article ,
says...

William Elliot wrote on Sun, 13 Jan 2019 20:55:57
-0800:

On Sun, 13 Jan 2019, Fred J. McCall wrote:

https://www.technologyreview.com/the...rucial-launch/

Because nobody wants to work for FREE.

And nobody is, since we always pay them up after the 'shutdown' is
over.

It's costing them money to work for nothing.

Except they're not working for nothing. They're working for their
regular pay, which they eventually receive.

That wasn't really the point, but o.k.

Fees for late rent payment.
Fines for cashing CD's early.
Costs of loans to cover loss of paycheck.

Most of that is fantasy.

No Fred, it's not a fantasy. There are real consequences to these
employees. Their landlords don't care, they want their money. Their
student loan servicers don't care, they want their money. Their
electric company doesn't care, they want their money. Their phone
company doesn't care, they want their money. The grocery store doesn't
care, they want their money.

If it's a hardship, do what other workers do
and quit and find another job.

Ah yes, the "right to work" mentality which says the employee can always
just find another job. If only it were that easy for everyone (it's
not).

The real 'crime' here is all the folks who are NOT working getting
retroactive pay for sitting at home.

And all those government things sitting in congress and
White House being paid big for doing nothing worthwhile.

Except they're funded by law.

Yes they are. Doesn't make it "right".

Jeff