Old January 14th 19, 12:07 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default The US government shutdown is almost certainly delaying SpaceX's crucial launch - MIT Technology Review

In article ,
says...

Jeff Findley wrote on Sun, 13 Jan 2019
20:16:44 -0500:

They really can't work for free, they'd be breaking the law.

I know. So why do we pay them for the time? If you were required to
work, wouldn't it **** you off when EVERYONE gets paid, whether they
work or not?

I don't want to get into the politics of this particular shutdown (this
is a sci.space group, not a politics group), but the parties involved in
Washington D.C. all know this. All a shutdown does is **** off the
federal workers and result in weeks of work not getting done. Since
everyone eventually gets paid, it doesn't save the taxpayer any money
either. It's stupid.

From a space perspective, I'm concerned about the impact on commercial
crew, which is already late. We're coming up on a hard deadline since
the US didn't buy any Soyuz capsules beyond a certain date.

Jeff