Old January 14th 19, 07:00 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

Default The US government shutdown is almost certainly delaying SpaceX's crucial launch - MIT Technology Review

William Elliot wrote on Sun, 13 Jan 2019 20:55:57
-0800:

On Sun, 13 Jan 2019, Fred J. McCall wrote:

https://www.technologyreview.com/the...rucial-launch/

Because nobody wants to work for FREE.

And nobody is, since we always pay them up after the 'shutdown' is
over.

It's costing them money to work for nothing.

Except they're not working for nothing. They're working for their
regular pay, which they eventually receive.

Fees for late rent payment.
Fines for cashing CD's early.
Costs of loans to cover loss of paycheck.

Most of that is fantasy. If it's a hardship, do what other workers do
and quit and find another job.

The real 'crime' here is all the folks who are NOT working getting
retroactive pay for sitting at home.

And all those government things sitting in congress and
White House being paid big for doing nothing worthwhile.

Except they're funded by law.

--
"It's always different. It's always complex. But at some point,
somebody has to draw the line. And that somebody is always me....