Old November 26th 03, 06:46 PM
Bruce Palmer

Default Space Calendar - November 26, 2003

Ron Baalke wrote:

Welcome to the Space Calendar!

This Space Calendar covers space-related activities and anniversaries
for the upcoming year. It is also available on the web at:

http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/calendar/

followup ngs trimmed

It's sad in a way how the adventurous times of the '60s and '70s, times that
were supposed to be the start of something big, have mutated into a creepy sort
of nostalgia. Not that there's anything wrong with nostalgia, but it just seems
that we're not now racking up other significant accomplishments in space
anymore. It's all about the past now. The stepping stones have led us to a
dead end where we can only look back because if we look around us now there's
not a whole lot to see.

Will the next generation be celebrating any key events circa 2000 +/- 10 years
or will the only really historical events still be centered on 1970 +/- 10
years? It's really sad that there's more excitement and inspiration looking
back than there is looking forward. Maybe it's just me.

--
bp
Proud Member of the Human O-Ring Society Since 2003