Old August 5th 03, 03:55 PM
John Maxson

Default Malthusian Theory and Travel Beyond Earth Orbit

Al Jackson wrote in message
om...

Isaac Asimov was an ardent proponent of halting population
growth. He pointed out that in one or two thousand years, with
exponential population growth, the entire Solar System would
be converted into a spherical mass of human flesh, expanding
at the speed of light.

I too have never had a great deal of hope that our solar system
would be of much help to us for population expansion. That
does not mean I'm without hope for moving beyond it.

--
John Thomas Maxson, Retired Engineer (Aerospace)
Author, The Betrayal of Mission 51-L (www.mission51l.com)