Old February 13th 04, 03:14 AM
LooseChanj

Default Clueless pundits (was High-flight rate Medium vs. New Heavy lift launchers)

On or about Thu, 12 Feb 2004 15:21:52 -0800 (PST), Tom Merkle made the sensational claim that:
Fox can't help it that liberals see any middle position as
'conservative,' which I suppose it is compared to the left wing slant
that CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, and MSNBC have been spewing for years.

And most conservatives see that middle position as 'liberal'. If one
considers oneself liberal, and someone says something one doesn't agree with,
why must one immediately[1] label that person "conservative"? I, for one, am
tired of getting blasted as either because my opinions are not so monolithic
as most people.

Many
studies have documented this bias on political coverage, especially
with regard to word choice and segment selection.

Real actual studies on a subjective topic? Can you please cite at least one,
I'd love to see such a beast.

[1] I just learned to spell that word today. F**king *FINALLY*.
--
This is a siggy | To E-mail, do note | Just because something
It's properly formatted | who you mean to reply-to | is possible, doesn't