Old October 12th 04, 06:38 PM
EAC

"Jeff Findley" wrote in message ...
I don't believe the Russians anymore than NASA.

Well... Both shared the same boss, that's for sure.

The only difference is that anyone with cash can get the Russian manned
space program to do just about anything because they are so strapped for
cash.

Incorrect. Remember Mir? If the Russian was so strapped for cash, why
they heck they bother to disintegrate Mir rather than to sell it to
the highest bidder?

Why? Well... Mir symbolize of what the Soviet accomplished. As long
Mir is still up there, who knows, maybe the people of the C.I.S.
decided to regroup and build a new Soviet union.

So... To prevent that from happening (humans grouping together to
accomplish something), 'they' issued the command for the Russian space
agency to destroy Mir.

Hmmm... Maybe Mir was already sold in the first place, and the buyer
wanted it to be destroyed.

It should be noted that the destruction of Mir is much like the
emptying of the Soviet space museum, to deprive the people of their
national pride.

Jeff