Old March 11th 07, 02:15 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.space.station,sci.space.shuttle
Rand Simberg[_1_]

Default The 100/10/1 Rule.

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 18:29:15 -0600, in a place far, far away, Pat
Flannery made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

Fred J. McCall wrote:

Actually, no. You still have all the usual downrange range safety
issues. This is why launches over water are preferred. If something
goes wrong, you're less likely to hit something you don't own.

I say Polar launches take off from North Dakota and fly over Canada,
then if something goes wrong it won't fall on something _we_ own. :-(

And at worst, it kills a moose, or a polar bear (whose numbers are
apparently increasing).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...9/wpolar09.xml

Per the headline, I blame global warming.