Old September 7th 05, 06:07 PM
Phil Stovell

On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 19:44:15 +0000, nytecam wrote:

In clear skies ISS passed over London near zenith at dusk at 20.11BST
and will pass to north of zenith [over Birmingham?] at 21.46BST. Enjoy!

Nytecam
51N 0.1W

I took my grandson out at dusk to try to spot some stars last night. He
spotted what he thought was a plane. It didn't make a noise and didn't
flash. It passed not far off overhead, Vega (I think) was almost overhead.
I've seen the ISS before (I commented here about a trailing object), the
path seems the same as before, but I thought this time much brighter. It
was far brighter than Vega. I can't remember the exact time, it was around
the time that EastEnders (Gulp!) finished. I'm about 10km north of
Portsmouth.

My Grandfather first interested me in astronomy.

I think the first thing my grandson spotted when I first took him out to
look at the stars was the ISS.

--
Phil Stovell, South Hampshire, UK