Old May 21st 04, 10:54 AM
Derrick Farley

Default Which CCD camera?

Hi Tim,
CCDplanet is a venture set up by Robert Dalby (the owner Astro
Engineering whose biggest UK customer happens to be BC&F) and Adrian
Catterall, a long time user of SBIG (and other) CCD equipment - see
http://www.observatory.demon.co.uk/
BC&F have no connection to CCDPlanet, either financially or in terms of
control.

Having said the above, I am sure that after BC&F lost the SBIG
dealership some time ago, many people have found a source of SBIG kit
outside the UK which they will continue to use.
HTH

Derrick

Tim Kearsley wrote:
Hi Derrick,

Well, they may be "officially" a different company but there must be
close ties to BC & F, because if you look at the e-mail address quoted
on the CCDPlanet web site ) and then look at the
www.hfo.org.uk website you find none other than BC & F. So I take
your point, but I will still tread carefully due to prior bitter
experience!

Cheers,

Tim.

Derrick Farley wrote in message
It is most definitely not BC&F, CCD Planet is a totally separate
company.
Derrick

--
Derrick Farley