Old August 12th 04, 02:43 PM
Jeff Findley

Default 50-page brochure (Russian and English) about Progress M50

"bob haller" wrote in message

I'm really surprised that Bob was bitching about this, considering it's

such
a small part of the Progress payload. The Russians have had a long

standing
tradition of sending up such morale boosting personal items to their

space
stations, so I'm sure they think it's

Not really as complaint, under normal circumstances I wouldnt of brought

it up.
But given the tight supply situation perhaps a space suit part might have

been
a better choice?

As Derek said in his replies, when times are tough, these morale boosting
materials are *more* important.

With weight at a premium on the LEM, you still thought that hitting a golf
ball on the moon was worth it. On such a short trip, the need for this (in
terms of morale) would be far less than on a six month stay on ISS.

Jeff