Old August 12th 04, 02:21 PM
Jeff Findley

Default 50-page brochure (Russian and English) about Progress M50

"Derek Lyons" wrote in message
"Jeff Findley" wrote:

Since "video and photographic material" are listed last, I'm guessing

that
DVD's and magazines don't make up the bulk of that 23 kg.

In 4-5 kg I imagine you could fit at least 6 medium sized magazines
(SI, Time) and an equal number of DVD's.

I'm really surprised that Bob was bitching about this, considering it's such
a small part of the Progress payload. The Russians have had a long standing
tradition of sending up such morale boosting personal items to their space
stations, so I'm sure they think it's worth the weight.

Jeff