View Single Post
Old November 18th 17, 05:06 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher
external usenet poster

Default Focus on RA/Dec modeling concluded

On Friday, November 17, 2017 at 7:24:58 PM UTC, palsing wrote:
On Friday, November 17, 2017 at 11:12:21 AM UTC-8, Gerald Kelleher wrote:

Don't worry, you can have your slogans, stock phrases and moaning in my direction , many of the insights I brought to humanity will eventually make it into circulation.

No, Gerald, they won't, because they are not new insights, like retrograde, for example, and they were already well known, in many cases for centuries already... except for those insights that are 100% inept, of course, like 'the moon doesn't rotate'... and those will never be broadcast beyond this forum and shall fade away soon after you fade away...

It is said that the awe of Life is the beginning of wisdom and this is true even if the Hebrews used the word Lord or God for that experience. These things are not done to prove people wrong or whether I am right, to be the first to do something or even for future generations, the effort is made because the challenges are there and will always sit uneasily otherwise.

Nothing fades for we pass through existence and take note of those things which existed before we made an appearance on this planet and will exist when we no longer physically influence our world. It is this experience alone where the Christian saying that 'death has no sting' becomes expansive for the connection between the individual and the Universal or man and God is loved in itself. It is why astronomy is so much part of the human journey that I make the effort .

I would see it as Galileo saw it and so it goes for all who wish to help those appreciate the connection between the individual and the Universe -

“You cannot teach a man anything, you can only help him find it within himself.” Galileo Galilei