Old May 12th 08, 01:42 AM posted to sci.space.history
Orval Fairbairn[_2_]

Default Air resistance

In article
,
wrote:

True enough - but do you know of any formulae that give values for
drag co-efficient?

A CFD program should probably help you get first-second order drag
curves.

Drag coefficient is a function of Mach number and angle-of-attack, so
you would have to have that information in order to obtain anywhere
meaningful results.

Use one of the standard atmosphere models to get the density and
temperature profiles, since speed of sound is a function of temperature.

--
Remove _'s *from email address to talk to me.- Hide quoted text -