Old December 27th 05, 05:13 AM posted to sci.space.policy

Default Successful Ariane 5 Launch

Rémy MERCIER; - Ariane5 will be a great launcher.
As you say, and I totally agree that it already is a great launcher as
is.

I see nothing all that poor or improper about the 82.3:1 ratio that'll
only get better with composites, and perhaps along with using
98%-H2O2/C3H40 could make that worthy of accomplishing 18+t to GSO.

I also agree that the supposed 55:1 ratio of the old Saturn-V is most
likely as much a myth as were all of those supposed WMD. Personally, I
think someone has been fibbing their Saturn-V butts off.

Thanks for all the positive feedback. I'm looking forward to seeing the
12t payload capability. Either that or using Ariane5 for those
LL1/ME-L1 missions of establishing the LSE-CM/ISS, that might as well
become ESA as not. As is I think the Ariane5 has what it takes for
establishing the first and subsequently one and only prototype
moon-tethered deployment.
-
Brad Guth