Old February 24th 05, 12:07 AM
Fleetie

"DH" wrote
wrote:
Astronomers you ain't,that much is certain.Even if you hijack the title
and others do not notice you are little more than cataloguers.

An astronomer has the final say on what works and what does'nt,the very
fact is that my astronomical heritage is in the hands of a bunch of
mathematical freaks who could'nt make an observation to save their
lives let alone distinguish between perceived motions from Earth and
actual motions.

Powerful telescopes supply more data but they are worthless in the
hands of theorists and it has been that way for centuries.Passing on
Newton's empirical illness to future generations assures that astronomy
will eventually die in all but name for the theorists have left you
nothing left to observe.

Good enough for people who have no standards , no sense of the scale
and majesty of the cosmos and no way to pass that on to future
generations.

Poor Grammar :

Hey, ****emonger, the mote in his eye, perhaps. Why the capital "G" in
"Grammar"?

* for the theorists have left you nothing left to observe : Wow, tautology, that's cool !

IMNSHO not an example of tautology. Unnecessary repeated word != tautology.

3/10 for Grammar,

It's that capital "G" again.

+1 for the tautology, which I rather enjoyed, 0/10 for making any sense whatsoever !

So you're giving him a lowly 3 for his poor grammar, but adding 1 point back
again for his "tautology"? Whatb sirection are you going? Do you know?

I needn't say more.

Martin
--
M.A.Poyser Tel.: 07967 110890