Old September 20th 05, 01:59 PM
Herb Schaltegger

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 07:21:41 -0500, Ray wrote
(in article p9TXe.8506$i86.1501@trndny01):

That makes no sense. You have a spacecraft designed to operate
outside of earth orbit, you make a few flights to the moon and then cancel
the program? No. And do what with the CEV? Operate it in orbit only? No. It
was not designed for that.

It's not designed at all. So far, all you or anyone else has seen are
a bunch of pretty pictures. NASA and its contractors are very fond of
pretty pictures. Do you really believe these are the only pretty
pictures NASA has produced to drum up support for a project? Do you
not realize how few actually come to fruition?

I dont think any future American President,
Senate or Congress will be that stupid enough to cancel the program with one
exception.

Flash back to the late 1960's/early 1970's and consider what was done
with Apollo, then consider what you just wrote.

The moon program might be cancled eventually for Mars, but to
cancel it and do nothing outside of earth orbit is just stupid. I think the
congress and the senate are dedicated to this program.

Based on what? Why do you believe that Congress cares one whit about
this program aside from jobs at the NASA centers and contractors?

--
"Fame may be fleeting but obscurity is forever." ~Anonymous
"I believe as little as possible and know as much as I can."