Old May 4th 05, 04:46 PM
Ed Kyle

D. Scott Ferrin wrote:

Since Boeing and LM are partnering 50/50 and Boeing already has Delta

IV Heavy does that mean we'll never see the Atlas V Heavy?

We probably won't hear about this type of downsizing
until *after* the government approves the deal, but
I expect that we won't see Atlas V Heavy - and we
won't see one of the two EELV designs at all after
a few more years. The fact that they are moving
Atlas production to the Boeing plant might provide
a clue about which one will survive. Or, perhaps,
we might see a morph vehicle (Delta-Centaur!) that
combines parts from both designs.

- Ed Kyle