Old February 3rd 05, 07:54 PM
CLT

I'm going to check out the UO since most of you said they are good. Any
suggestions for a first pick? I'm thinking a mid range 9mm for starting
the set.

What you start with depends on what scope you are going to use it with, your
observing preferences and your viewing conditions, as well as what holes you
have in your current collection. For most, it starts with that feeling, "I
wish I had an eyepiece of ____ size right now."

You can also go to
http://skyandtelescope.com/resources/organizations/
and find your local astro club. They will have a public night you can take
your scope to and borrow some eyepieces to look through your scope with.
That will give you a good feel for what you want first

I'm also wanting to do some DSO will UO perform good here as
well?

The Orthos are a small FOV, so they work well on small DSO's, but not as
well as on larger. For those, you may want to look at Plossels.

Hope this helps.

Chuck Taylor
Do you observe the moon?

Are you interested in understanding optics?

The Tele Vue 8mm to 24mm Click Stop Zoom Eyepiece 1-1/4 Inch appears
very impressive for the price. Cloudynights review by Chris East was
convincing. Any thoughts on this eyepiece?